This premium, artist designed, Space Invaders video game bedding is inspired by the game version for the 1980 Atari 2600 video game console.
This game was directly responsible for quadrupling the Atari console system sales.
The Space Invaders game was the first two-dimensional fixed shooter game where the player moved a laser cannon, horizontally across the bottom of the screen to fire on advancing rows of aliens.
What was also unique, and most influencial in the future of gaming, was Space Invaders continuous background music soundtrack. It was also the first game in which the alien targets could fire back at the player.
Space Invaders Bedding Design
- This Atari Space Invaders comforter cover measures 88-inches by 88-inches square and will fit a standard queen mattress. A queen mattress measures 60-inches wide by 80-inches long so the drape would be about 14-inches on each side of the bed.
- It is also available in FULL size measuring 79-inches square and KING size measuring 104×88-inches.
- The pixelated, cross-stitch style design captures the space aliens, shapes responsible for different point values in the game, in a rainbow of colors. Colors are in bright shades of red, yellow, orange, turquoise, blue, green, tan, brown, purple, pink and gray on background of deep space black that makes aliens pop on the comforter cover.
- This is single sided design meaning the space invaders are showcased only on one side of the comforter cover with the reverse side being a soft, solid white.
Atari Space Alien Themed Cover Fabric
- This pixel design gaming comforter cover is made from 100 percent polyester microfiber fabric.
- It is cut and expertly hand sewn with a hidden nylon zipper for easy removal when cleaning.
- Microfiber fabric is a polyester fabric weave that allows it to breathe as well as being static, stain, run and wrinkle resistant.
- Partner this with a QUEEN duvet insert or use it to cover your existing comforter that can use an exciting new look.
Comforter Cover Care Instructions
- This PREMIUM gamer bedding can be machine washed in cold water with a mild detergent.
- Tumble dry on a low to medium heat setting and avoid a hot dryer. High heat can damage fabric fibers.
- This bedding is pretty much wrinkle-free right from the dryer so ironing is generally not needed.
- Do not use bleach as this can degrade materials and yellow the fabric.
Important Ordering Information
- This is an artisan design that is not available in any retail store. It is only available for purchase online.
- As premium gaming bedding, it is made to order in the USA and is ready to ship to buyers in 3 to 5 business days.
- This Space Invaders fabric print is also available in other gaming decor found through the link below.
- Pricing will be based on the size bedding you select and not by this gamer decor review site.